Welcome to this webpage!
Cantara Song is a song presentation software which can be used for presenting songs in churches, small groups or karaoke parties. It supports various input formats and can create beautiful presentation slides or export the presentation to various output formats (pictures, pptx, WhatsApp message and a lot more) so that they can be used for a variety of purposes.
Cantara has the following advantages:
- Super-fast and lightweight: Cantara is less then 10 MB of size and uses the components available on the local operation system as far as possible. It contains no bloatware. It can be run on an old computer, a raspberry-pi and many more.
- Very easy to use: Accepts the most common input format (CCLI songselect lyrics file) and creats the presentation slides for an event in only a few seconds. The usage is very intuitive and user-friendly.
- Good integration with other presentation software: Cantara can export presentations to PPTX format and therefore integrates easily with other presentation software like LibreOffice Impress or MS Powerpoint. It can be included in a complex workflow like a church service or even an online streaming event via OBS. In addition, you can export the lyrics to text formats and share them in messenger groups, as a HTML page etc.
- Multi-Screen-Support: Multi Screen is supported out of the box.
- Customizable Design and good outlook: The colors and fonts can be configured in the settings. In addition, you can set up a background picture and adjust it’s brightness/transparency. The presentations look beautiful and are easy to read.
- Multi language support: Cantara can present and export song presentations in two different languges at the same time. In addition, it has been translated itself into a few languages by the community.
- Free and Open Source: No license fees, no dependence on certain companies–Cantara is licensed under the GPL3 and can be used everywhere and as you want.
- Used all over the world and continuously developed: Although Cantara is still a quite young project, people from many countries are using it. It has been translated to several langauges. In the future, more functions are going to be implemented.
The current version is 2.5.0. You can easily download and install it for Linux, Windows and Mac OS. Cantara is written with the programming language Pascal/Lazarus, therefore it is platform-independent and can be compiled to almost every device. You can also compile Cantara by yourself. Find more information here.